This article covers how to install Opera web browser on an Ubuntu 20.04 system. Opera web browser provides its unique features and has many users all over the world.
Users can access and then use the Opera browser once they have installed it in their systems. You will also learn how to uninstall the browser from the Ubuntu 20.04 system.
To install Opera browser on Linux:
1. Add Opera browser Repository. Let's start by adding an Opera repository and keyring.
2. Install Opera Browser. At this stage to install the Opera browser on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver is easy as executing the below command: $ sudo apt install opera-stable.
3. Start Opera Browser.
To Install Google Chrome on Debian:
1. Download Google Chrome. Open your terminal either by using the Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by clicking on the terminal icon.
2. Install Google Chrome. Once the download is complete, install Google Chrome by typing: $ sudo apt install ./google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb.
To start Chrome on Linux:
1. Edit ~/. bash_profile or ~/. zshrc file and add the following line alias chrome="open -a 'Google Chrome'"
2. Save and close the file.
3. Logout and relaunch Terminal.
4. Type chrome filename for opening a local file.
5. Type chrome url for opening url.
To install Google Chrome on Linux Mint:
1. Add this link to the list of repo sources "deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main"
2. Run in terminal "sudo apt-get update"
3. Run in terminal "sudo aptitude install google-chrome-stable"
The sudo apt-get update command is used to download package information from all configured sources.
So when you run update command, it downloads the package information from the Internet. It is useful to get info on an updated version of packages or their dependencies.
To Uninstall Opera on Ubuntu:
1. In order to uninstall Opera through the command line, enter the following
$ sudo apt-get remove opera-stable
2. The repository you added will still be residing on your system. Enter the following command in order to remove it:
$ sudo apt-delete-repository "deb [arch=i386,amd64] https://deb.opera.com/opera-stable/ stable non-free