This article covers the Advantages of Data Warehouse.
#Data #warehousing improves the speed and efficiency of accessing different data sets and makes it easier for corporate decision-makers to derive insights that will guide the business and marketing strategies that set them apart from their competitors. Improve their bottom line.
Unlike a database, which is focused on users inputting data, a data warehouse is architected for decision-making, ad hoc queries and analytics. Thus, enabling queries to be performed without any impact to your company's operational database.
A data warehouse is a type of data management system that is designed to enable and support business intelligence (BI) activities, especially analytics. Data warehouses are solely intended to perform queries and analysis and often contain large amounts of historical data.
A data warehouse can help support business needs, such as the ability to consolidate financial results within a complex company that uses different software for different divisions.
Benefits of a Data Warehouse:
1. Delivers enhanced business intelligence.
2. Saves times.
3. Enhances data quality and consistency.
4. Generates a high Return on Investment (ROI).
5. Provides competitive advantage.
6. Improves the decision-making process.
7. Enables organizations to forecast with confidence.
8. Streamlines the flow of information.
The key characteristics of a data warehouse are as follows:
1. Some data is denormalized for simplification and to improve performance.
2. Large amounts of historical data are used.
3. Queries often retrieve large amounts of data.
4. Both planned and ad hoc queries are common.
5. The data load is controlled.
A data warehouse is subject oriented because it provides information around a subject rather than the organization's ongoing operations.
Data warehouses will help you make better, more informed decisions for many reasons, including:
1. Improved business intelligence
2. When you integrate multiple sources, you make decisions based on ALL of your data.
3. Timely access to data: Quickly access critical data in one centralized location.