This article will guide you on resolve common rds #error. Basically, the process to copy rds snapshot to s3 is simple and creates and saves backups of the DB instance in the Amazon S3 bucket.
Amazon Relational Database Service (#Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching and backups.
RDS creates a storage volume snapshot of your #DB instance, backing up the entire DB instance and not just individual databases. RDS saves the automated backups of your DB instance according to the backup retention period that you specify.
To copy a #RDS snapshot from one region to another:
1. Create a #snapshot of your RDS.
2. In your newly created snapshot go to Actions -> Copy Snapshot.
3. Click orange View snapshots in destination region.
4. In the target region's snapshots table find your copied snapshot, and wait until status "Copying" becomes "Completed".
5. Select the snapshot, click Actions -> Restore Snapshot.