The error ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH occurs when a user's browser cannot establish a secure connection with a web server that uses #HTTPS and SSL.
The issue may lie in the server configuration or locally on a user's #computer.
Also, the ERR SSL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH error could be caused by certain security settings.
Applying changes to the SSL might help you solve the annoying ERR SSL VERSION problem.
Sometimes switching to another browser can be the easy fix you need.
To Fix ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR:
1. Set correct system date, time & region.
2. Clear Chrome's cache and cookies.
3. Disable #QUIC Protocol.
4. Disable extensions.
5. Remove your system's hosts file.
6. Clear SSL State.
7. Lower your internet security and privacy level.
8. Disable your security tools for a moment.
Error such as Err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch tend to pop up when there is a inappropriate configuration in the SSL certificate.