As a result of currupt Recycle Bin, deleted files keep reappearing on your Windows desktop.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to fix Windows related errors.
In this context, we shall look into the main causes of this issue and how to fix it.
In a few cases, even if we delete files from the server and removing them from the recycle bin, they reappear again.
This happens when the Recycle Bin folder is corrupt. Below are different ways our Support Experts followed to get rid of this problem.
1. First, we press the Windows + R keys together on the keyboard and select the Run option to open the Run command.
2. Next, we type in ‘cmd’ in the Run command and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter hotkey together to open the Command Prompt with admin rights.
3. After that, we type in the below command in the Command Prompt.
rd /s /q C:$Recycle.bin
Then, we exit the Command Prompt and restart the system. Finally, now we try deleting the files from Recycle Bin. This time all the files are deleted permanently.
1. First, we press the Windows + E shortcut keys together to open the File Explorer.
2. Next, in the File Explorer window, we go to the View tab at the top. Here we click on Show/hide to expand and check the box next to Hidden items.
3. Now, we click on the ‘This PC’ shortcut on the left. Then on the right side of the pane, we click on the drive where Windows is installed.
4. We are considering C drive. Under C drive we look for the $Recycle.bin. We select it and hit the delete button.
5. Now, we see a prompt where it asks for permanent deletion.
To implement this, we press Yes to continue.
6. Again, we see a prompt for confirmation and hit Continue for it.
7. For that UAC prompt that appears, we click on the Continue button as well.
8. Then we click Yes to confirm the permanent deletion.
9. Finally, we see the ‘Delete File’ prompt. We check the box next to Do this for all current items and click Yes to save time.
Now, the Recycle Bin on the system is deleted permanently.
1. First, we right-click on the file or folder that we wish to delete. Then we select Properties.
2. In the Properties window, we go to the Security tab and click on Advanced at the bottom.
3. Next, we go to the Owner section at the top and click on the Change link.
4. Then in the Select User or Group dialogue box, we go to the ‘Enter the object name’ to select a field and type Everyone in the empty. We press Ok on the same pop-up.
5. Now we go back to the ‘Properties’ window. Under the ‘Security’ tab, we click on the ‘Edit’ button.
6. Then in the next window, we go to the ‘Permissions for SYSTEM field’ and under ‘Allow’ check all the boxes. Here, we press Apply and then OK to save the changes and exit.
7. Finally, we press ‘Apply’ and then OK again in the Properties window to save changes and leave.
1. First, we right-click on the Start menu and select Run to open the Run command.
2. Next, we write appwiz.cpl in the Run command search box and press OK to open the ‘Programs and Features’ window in Control Panel.
3. Then, in the ‘Programs and Features’ window, under the ‘Uninstall or change a program’ section, we find the cloud storage app from the list.
We right-click on the app and select "Uninstall".
Finally, we select Yes to confirm and proceed with the uninstallation.