Google Chrome is a free and popular web browser developed by Google, used for accessing web pages on the internet.
Sometimes, most Google Chrome users experience Error 103 which occurs as a result of conflict arising between Google Chrome and the antivirus program running in the user's computer.
Here at Outsource Path, as part of our Windows Support Services, we regularly help our Customers to fix Windows related errors.
In this context, we shall look into the causes of this error and how to fix it.
Nature of the Error 103 in Google Chrome?
Generally, this error is encountered while using Google Chrome. It results from incompatibility issue.
However, since it will disrupt the smooth functioning of the browser, it is strongly advised to rectify this error that is generated due to any temporary conflicts between the logic of the two programs namely Google Chrome and antivirus.
Basically, it would be only justified to say that this error has a lot to do with the way programs react to each other in real time.
What triggers Error 103 in Google Chrome?
When this error is displayed to the user, it usually states something like;
chrome error 103 connection aborted
chrome error 103 err_connection_aborted
Error 103 (net: ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.
This calls for the question, what triggers this error? Here it is important to understand that Google Chrome constantly applies upgrade.
In most instances, the upgrades almost go unnoticed. In the meanwhile, there are other programs running on any system such as firewall, Antispyware, or antivirus programs. All such programs govern the functionality of the web browser.
Now, when the web browser attempts to update and any programs on the system view the update as a threat, the connection to the internet will be terminated. It is also important to understand that these programs will keep you from upgrading or from doing anything with your browser.
Before we move on to the discussion of fixing the underlying causes for Google Chrome error 103, it is important to understand all those programs that are most likely to generate this error.
Listed below are such programs;
i. Kaspersky Pure 3.0
ii. Kaspersky ONE
iii. Kaspersky small office security 2013
iv. Kaspersky internet security 2013
v. Kaspersky antivirus 2013
How to fix Error 103 in Google Chrome?
A downside associated with error 103 is that it won't disappear on its own. That is why, it is important to make some manual changes as there are no tools available online to rectify this error automatically.
Follow the steps listed below to easy fix the problem;
1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search box, enter ‘expand.exe’.
3. Right click on the file that appears and select option 'Open Folder Location'.
4. Now, copy the file and paste it at the destination ‘C:\WindowsSystem32’.
5. If you are not able to find the file, it is advised you copy it from Windows Installation Disk.
6. Now, click on the ‘Start’ button again.
7. Find and select ‘Run’.
8. Now enter ‘C: ’ in the search box and press Ok.
9. Now right click anywhere on the screen, select new and then select folder.
10. Rename this folder. Change the name from ‘New Folder’ to ‘Temp’.
11. Now go to the Start button again.
12. Select ‘Run’ once again.
13. Type ‘cmd.exe’ in the command prompt and press Ok.
14. Now type Command. Press enter.
15. Now type this code as it is: ‘set TMP=C:temp’ and press enter.
16. Now restart the browser.
17. If it fails, install Google Chrome once again.
18. Just make sure everything is in sync to avoid any data loss.