Our Server support Team at IbmiMedia, have experienced and had numerous customers seeking our support in resolving these sort of Cloudflare DNS errors.
In this Context, We will outline the causes of this Cloudflare 1018 error and how to fix it.
Basically, you will see this error when the Cloudflare servers hosting your DNS cannot understand your request due to inability of the server to authenticate the concerned domain.
To further understand this, the error could occur when there is a delay in propagation of the cloudflare DNS of your domain if it was newly added.
In other cases, the Cloudflare's Domain host's DNS might fail. This could also be the reason why the error will come up.
The main Causes of Cloudflare 1018 error are;
1. The Cloudflare domain was recently activated and there is a delay propagating the domain’s settings to the Cloudflare edge network.
ii. The Cloudflare domain was created via a Cloudflare partner (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider’s DNS failed.
Method to fix Cloudflare error 1018?
A while ago, we got a request from our customer to help them find a solution to this error. Our Server Experts were able to resolve it by simply contacting the Cloudflare support center and providing them with the necessary information pertaining this circumstance.
We provided the following;
1. The affected domain.
2. A copy of the Screenshot showing the Cloudflare 1018 error which has a "RayID".
3. The estimated time the error took place.
At the end of the day, Cloudflare discovered that issue was from their own end and it was resolved.
You can see that the cloudflare error "Cloudflare Error 1018 – Could not find host" triggers when a web request made to the Cloudflare server by the domain is not responding. For Server Management Services, contact our Professional Services team Now.
Cloudflare error 1018 is a common Cloudflare error which affects a domain whose DNS is hosted on the Cloudflare network in the case when cloudflare cannot resolve to the domain when trying to access it on a browser.
To resolve Cloudflare error 1016:
1. Verify your Cloudflare DNS settings include an A record that points to a valid IP address that resolves via a DNS lookup tool.
2. For a CNAME record pointing to a different domain, ensure that the target domain resolves via a DNS lookup tool.
Generally, to fix Cloudflare errors:
1. Contact your site administrator or hosting provider to eliminate these common causes.
2. Ensure your origin web server is responsive.
3. Review origin web server error logs to identify web server application crashes or outages.
4. Confirm Cloudflare IP addresses are not blocked or rate limited.